Khao soi is a very mouth watering burmese dish which consists of noodles dipped in a creamy chicken sauce and topped with crispy papri and fried onions gives us a taste so wonderful and amazing that u’ll be tempted every time you take a look at it so start cooking 🙂
- Boneless chicken (cut into bite sized pieces) 1/2 kg.
- Onions (chopped fine) 3-4
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Besan (gram flour) 1 tbsp.
- Coconut Milk 1 can
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp.
- Chili Powder 2 tsp.
- All spice powder (garam masala powder) 1 tsp.
- Salt 1tsp
- Chopped spring onions
- Deep fried sliced onions
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped green chillies
- Fried garlic flakes
- Boiled egg chopped small
- Maggi noodles (raw) fried
- Papari 3-4
- Peanuts – fried/roasted broken into pieces
- Soy sauce
- Lime cut into quarters
- Fry onions till soft. Do not brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry till it smells like it is done (3-4 minutes).
- Add the chicken, turmeric, all spice powder and chili powder.
- Cook till the chicken turns white and is coated well with the spices.
- Add besan and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and an equal quantity of water.
- Add the salt.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Serve in a bowl – first the boiled noodles, top it with the gravy generously till the noodles are well covered and top with the all the garnish.