This rice dish is ideal for vegetarians. The delicious combination of fresh garden peas along with potatoes cooked with rice and served with spicy yougurt can be enjoyed in lunch.
- Peas 1 cup
- Rice 3 cups
- Potatoes (cut in 4 pieces) 4
- Onion (sliced) 2
- Tomatoes (sliced) 2
- Green chillies 4-6
- Ginger garlic paste 1 ½ tsp.
- Red chili powder 1 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Salt 3 tsp. or according to taste
- Whole black pepper 8
- Cloves 6
- Black cardamom 1
- Cinnamon ½ inch piece
- Cumin 1tsp
- Oil ¾ cup
- Wash and soak the rice for at least ½ an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion fry till gets brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for few seconds.
- Put peas,tomatoes,red chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes so that the tomatoes get soft and it leaves the oil.
- Now add potatoes and all whole spices.
- Add 2 glasses of water.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes get tender.
- Add rice and green chillies.
- Add water if not sufficient to cook the rice.
- When dries lower the flame.
- Leave on dum for 10-15 mins.
- Serve hot with raita and salad.