This simple chick pea dish is generally eaten at iftar time in the holy month of Ramadan. Although it can be enjoyed as a savoury snack with a topping of boiled potatoes and chutney at any time of the day.
- Chic peas 1/2 kg
- Onions 2 medium chopped
- Tomatoes 2 medium chopped
- Green chillies 3-4 chopped
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Whole coriander 2tsp
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Red chili crushed 1 tsp
- Chat masala 1tsp
- Lemon juice
- tamarind pulp 3/4 cup
- Oil 3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Soak the chick peas for at least 6 to 8 hour.
- Wash and boil them with salt and soda till tender.
- Roast cumin seeds and whole coriander.
- Crush them and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, green chillies, tamarind pulp,roasted cumin seeds & coriander, red chilli powder & crushed, chat masala and lemon juice.
- stir till the mixture boils then add the boiled chic peas and mix it together .
- Put the lid on and leave it for five to ten minutes till the water dries completely .
- Garnish it with coriander leaves .