Mince prawns or chicken filled in wraps called wontons which are put in a clear chicken soup.It is garnished with spring onions and is a full meal.
- Ground chicken or prawn 1/2 pound
- Spring Onion (with tops), chopped 1
- Soy Sauce 2 tsp
- Cornstarch 1/2 tsp
- Ground Ginger 1/4 tsp
- Wonton Wrappers 24
- Water 5 cups
- Chicken Broth 5-6 cups
- Cook the chicken and green onions in a large skillet until done, occasionally stirring.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch on top and mix well.
- Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and mix well.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each wonton.
- Moisten the edges with water and fold them into a triangle shape, pinching to seal.
- Add 6 cups of chicken broth to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the wontons, lower the heat, and simmer for 2 minutes, uncovered.
- Add soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve in soup bowls garnish with spring onions.