The spicy red thai curry
- Boneless chicken (cut into cubes)1/2kg
- Unsweetened coconut milk 2/3 cup
- Thai red curry paste 2 to 3 tsp
- Fish sauce 1tsp
- Oil 3tbsp
- Salt 1tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Canned mushrooms 8
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped) 1tbsp
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped) 4
- Kaffir lime leaves 2
- Fresh lemon grass (chopped) 2tbsp
- Thai chilies 3
- Water 1/2 cup
- Toasted peanuts and coriander leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the curry paste and fish sauce until combined.
- Heat a large wok until very hot.
- Add Oil and heat until just smoking.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the wok.
- Cook over high heat until the chicken is done.
- Take out the chicken in a plate.
- In the same wok add the mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic, kaffir lime leaves and fresh lemon grass, stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, red curry mixture and the water and bring to a boil.
- Then put thai chilies.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Take out the curry in a serving bowl and garnish with peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Serve with boiled rice or steamed rice.