- Chicken cut into half inch diced 2 cups
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 2 cups
- Peanuts 1 cup
- Whole dried red chillies, chopped into 1/2″ pieces 9
- Onion, chopped 1/2 cup spring
- Szechuan peppercorns 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp
- Yellow bean paste 1 tbsp
- Ground Thai chili pepper 1/2 tsp, fried in 1 tbsp oil
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl add chicken and corn flour, mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add chicken stir to make sure the chicken pieces don’t stick together.
- Fry until the chicken turns light golden color, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Pour the oil off, and leave about 1/4 cup in the wok.
- Add Szechuan peppercorns and whole dried chilli.
- Fry until fragrant.
- Then add chicken, peanuts, yellow bean paste, fried ground chili pepper with oil, salt and sugar.
- Quick stir fry until cooked through.
- Add spring onion last, stir well.
- Place this on a serving platter.
- Serve with steamed rice.