Tom Yum Soup is a clear spicy soup with a concoction of the best seafood items mainly prawns along with calamari chunks, mussels, crab meat etc. cooked with traditional thai food ingredients like galangal, kaffir lime leaves , lemon grass, fish sauce, chili paste and coconut milk. People who are not fond of seafood can substitute chicken meat as well. Mushrooms can be a welcome addition too.
- Chicken stock 3cups
- Tom yum paste 1tbsp
- Garlic, finely chopped 1 clove
- Lemon grass, inner part, chopped 3 stalks
- Kaffir lime leaves 2
- Shrimps 1/2 kg
- Fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced 4
- Fish sauce 1tbsp
- Fresh lime juice 1tbsp
- Fresh green chili chopped 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander, chopped 1 bunch
- Fresh basil, chopped few leaves
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add shrimps.
- Stir in the tom yum paste and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Mix in the mushrooms.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice and green chili.
- Continue cooking until well blended.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with the coriander and basil sprinkled on top.