A delicious thai green curry can be made with shrimps or chicken. The main ingredient used to thicken curry broth is coconut milk. Tastes best when served with plain boiled rice.
- Boneless chicken breast – cut into 1 inch cubes 1/2kg
- Dark soy sauce 1tbsp
- All-purpose flour 1tbsp
- Cooking oil 2tbsp
- Green curry paste 2tbsp
- Green onions with tops, chopped 2
- Garlic, peeled and chopped 3 cloves
- Fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk 2 cups
- Fish sauce 1tbsp
- Light soy sauce 1tbsp
- White sugar 2tbsp
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish 1/2 cup
- Toss chicken first in 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, then in the flour, coating pieces evenly.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Put chicken in the pan.
- Cook and stir chicken until browned,for about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in curry paste.
- Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Then stir in green onions, garlic, and ginger; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan, stirring to coat with the curry mixture.
- Stir the coconut milk, fish sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and sugar into the chicken-curry mixture.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.