Afghani pulao is the best dish for those who like less spicy food. Raisins and carrots with the pulao rice in every bite is a good combination of savory and sweet.
- Basmati Rice 3 cups
- Mutton 1 kg, big pieces
- Onions 2 large(finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- All spices powder 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Carrots 2 medium, grated
- Raisins 1/2 cup
- Oil 1cup
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry chopped onions until light brown.
- Now add meat,ginger garlic paste and fry till it change its colour.
- Add water,salt and all spice powder and cumin seeds.
- Cook till the meat gets tender.
- Now add the rice and enough water in which the rice will be cook.
- When the water dries up lower the flame and leave on dum for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out in a dish.
- Sprinkle the carrots and raisin mixture on top and serve.