Gajar (Carrot) shreds in combination with almonds and various dry fruits are added to this kheer (milk pudding) to produces a delicious dessert.
- Milk 1 lit.
- Carrots grated 2 cups
- Sweet condense milk 1 can ( 100 ml)
- Sugar 8 tbsp
- Rice 1/2 cup (soaked in water for at least 3-4 hours)
- Cardamon 3
- Almonds and pistachio for garnishing
- Boil rice with 4 glasses of water.
- Cook till till water is left and rice are soft.
- Blend it in a blender into a fine paste.
- Heat milk in a pan add sweet condense milk, sugar,grated carrots, cardamon and rice paste.
- Let it cook on high flame till it starts to boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Take out in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle almonds and pistachio on top.
- Let it cool then refrigerate it.
- Serve chilled.