Ingredients for paratha:
- Whole-wheat flour (atta) 4 cups
- Salt a pinch
- Water for kneading dough
- Oil, butter or ghee as required
Ingredients for stuffing paratha:
- Potatoes boiled 4
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Green chilies chopped 3
- Onion chopped 1
- Coriander chopped 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds 1tbsp.
Method for stuffing:
- Mash potatoes.
- Add red chili powder, onion, coriander,salt, cumin seeds and green chilies.
- Mix well.
Method for paratha:
- Take flour in a big bowl.
- Add salt.
- Knead it using water in a form of a dough.
- Keep aside far half an hour.
- Make small ball out of the dough.
- Roll it slightly.
- Make small balls of the mashed potatoes.
- Place them in the center of the the dough.
- Wrap the sides up so it covers the potato stuffing.
- Again with the light hand give it a shape of a ball.
- Now roll it with light hand in a round shape paratha.
- Heat a flat pan (tawa) put this stuffed chapati on it.
- Cook for few seconds.
- Spread butter ,ghee or oil on it.
- Flip and cook till gets cooked from both the side.
- Serve with green-chutney
red chutney or any pickle.