Ingredients for samosa crust:
- All purpose flour (Maida) 1cup
- Oil 2tbsp.
- Salt 1tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) 1/4 tsp.
- Water to Knead dough
- Oil for frying
Method for samosa crust :
- Mix salt, oil, ajwain and cumin seeds in the flour.
- Add water to make a dough.
- Knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
- Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Ingredients for filling:
- Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed) 3-4
- Green Chilies (finely chopped) 2
- Mint leaves finely chopped 1tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp.
- Chat masala 1/2 tsp.
- Whole coriander 1 tsp.
Method for filling:
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes, salt, chili powder, chat masala, whole coriander, cumin seeds, carom seeds (ajwain) and green chiles.
- Mix well.
- Add chopped mint leaves and keep aside.
Method for samosa:
- Make small balls of dough.
- Roll it into a round shapped thin chapatti’s.
- Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
- Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone.
- Use oil while doing so.
- Place a spoon of filling in the cone.
- Seal the third side using a drop of oil.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
- Serve samosa hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.