- Spinach leaves 1 kg.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Water for boiling
- Wash your spinach leaves, and pat them dry.
- Boil water with salt in a large pot.
- Put the spinach leaves in the boiling water, and allow them to boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until you see a bright green color.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach with a slotted spoon or strainer.
- Put the spinach in the ice water.
- Leave the blanched spinach in the ice water for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the spinach with your hands to remove all excess water.
- Chop it or leave as it is (as desired).
- Then put in an air-tight container to store.
- Freeze spinach for later use, or use immediately.