- All purpose flour (maida) 1/2 kg.
- Salt 3/4 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) a pinch
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- Water for making dough
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients for stuffing:
- Split chickpeas (channa daal) 1/2 cup
- Crushed red chilli 1/2 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp.
- For stuffing:Boil split chickpeas with crushed red chillies, salt and cumin seeds till they are soft.
- Grind it and keep aside.
- In a bowl take all purpose flour.
- Add cumin seeds, salt, oil and carom seeds.
- Knead with water to form smooth dough.
- Brush oil on top,cover and keep aside for half an hour.
- Now make balls of kneaded dough and fill grinded split chickpeas in them.
- Roll them flat with rolling pin in round shape.
- Deep fry till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with aloo ki tarkari.