Ingredients for puri:
- All Purpose flour (Maida) 1/4 cup
- Semolina Flour (fine Sooji) 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1/8 tsp.
- Warm water for kneading dough
Ingredients for pani (spicy water):
- Water 6 glasses
- Lemon juice 1/2 cup
- Chat masala 2 tsp.
- Roasted cumin (crushed) 1 tsp.
- Black salt 1 1/2 tsp.
- Mint leaves few
Boiled chickpeas 1 cup
- Mix all purpose flour, semolina and baking powder.
- Add water as needed to make firm dough.
- Knead the dough until it is pliable.
- Brush oil on the dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls.
- Roll the ball into a very thin roti.
- Cut with the round shape cutter.
- Deep fry till golden and crispy.
- For spicy water: Mix together water, roasted cumin seeds, lemon juice, black salt and chat masala.
- Add chopped mint leaves.
- Serve pani puri and boiled chickpeas together.
- Make a hole in the puri, stuff chickpeas , dip in the spicy water and eat.