- Semolina (sooji) 4 cups
- Sugar 4 cups
- Milk 3 cups
- Water 2 cups
- Cardamoms 4
- Yellow food colour a pinch
- Ghee (clarified butter) 1 cup
- Melt ghee in a pan.
- Add cardamoms and fry for few seconds.
- Then put sooji and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Mix water and milk together in a bowl.
- Add food colour.
- Put sugar in the pan and mix well.
- Now add milk and water mixture.
- Keep stirring until it gets thick and starts to bubble.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Take out in a dish serve with poori.