- Beef pasanday (thin sliced beef steaks) 1 kg.
- Red chilli whole 4
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Black pepper corn 5
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon 1/2 inch piece
- Black Cardamon seeds of 1-2 pod
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp.
- Besan (gram flour) 2 tbsp.
- Raw papaya paste with skin 1 tbsp.
- Onions (sliced) 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp.
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- Toast red chilli whole, cumin seeds, black pepper corn, cloves, cinnamon, black Cardamon seeds, poppy seeds and besan (gram flour), separately one by one.
- Grind them together.
- In a pan heat oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- Take out on kitchen towel.
- Let them cool.
- Crush them with hands or in a processor.
- Marinade the pasanday with the grinded spices, salt, ginger garlic paste, raw papaya paste, crushed onions and yogurt.
- Leave for 3-4 hours.
- In the same oil in which onions were fried add pasanday.
- Cook on high heat till the water dries.
- Lower the heat and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out in a dish serve with naan, taftan or sheermaal.