- Eggs 6
- Sugar 1 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Cocoa powder 1 cup
- Butter (melted) 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- Milk 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence 2 tbsp.
- Walnuts 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Take two 7 inch by 3 inch rectangle baking pans or 8 inch square pan.
- Grease the pan with little butter.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Place the butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Pour the melted butter in a large bowl.
- Then using a rubber spatula, stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the mixture, along with the vanilla essence and walnuts.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan, making sure it is spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Leave the brownies in the pan to cool completely.
- When cool,take out from the pan.
- Cut into pieces and serve.