- Green chillies 1/2 kg.
- Whole coriander 2 tbsp.
- Coconut powder 2 tbsp.
- Poppy seeds 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Onion seeds 1/4 tsp.
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp.
- Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- 1/2 cup water
- Curry leaves few
- Make slits on green chillies and sprinkle salt on them.
- Grind whole coriander, coconut powder, poppy seeds and cumin seeds together.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Take them out from the oil.
- Mix grinded masala and turmeric in water.
- Put in the same oil in which you fried the green chillies.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, fried green chillies, tamarind pulp, onion seeds and curry leaves.
- Mix cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take out in a dish and serve.
Note:Can also be eaten as pickle or relish.