- Unsalted butter 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Eggs 3 large
- Flour (maida) 3 cups
- Baking powder 1 tbsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Milk 1 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence few drops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cupcake pans (about 24 cupcakes) with paper liners.
- Using a beater cream butter then gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- This mixture should be fluffy pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk and vanilla essence.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Mix well, scraping the bowl down a few times to make sure there are no pockets of butter.
- Fill each tin about 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes (less for mini cupcakes), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely on a rack.